In this article, we will explain how to Resolve the Quicken CC 501 error. This error code occurs when you try to update your accounts or download new transactions in the Quicken Software from financial institutions.
Causes of Quicken Error CC-501?
- Unfinished installation of Quicken.
- Virus or malware attack.
- Unwanted junk files lead to poor Computer performance.
- Use an older version of Quicken.
- Disapproved bank credentials.
Okay, what we should do to solve this problem described below in simple steps.
Note: This article only works for US and Canadian users.
Method 1: Click on one account on which you received the Quicken CC 501 error
- Open quicken
- Navigate to each account faced with this error code
- First of all, we have to refresh the bank account setting in which you get this error.
- The way you do this is to click under account name CC 501
- You have to go to the right side of the screen and click on the gear icon with the down arrow.
- Now click Update (Ctrl + Alt + U) to refresh the account settings. (You can request a Quicken ID and Password or a Secure Password)
- Once you have entered Quicken ID and Password or Vault, a new window will appear with the update settings in one step, click update now.
- Set the password for the vault if it is configured
- You may have to change your password, just remove the existing password. Make sure your three passwords must be blank and click on OK
- It will start updating your accounts.
- Once the account is fully updated, you are ready to go
- If method 1 does not suit you, then continue with method 2.
Repeat the same process for each financial institution experiencing a Quicken CC 501 error.
Method 2: Deactivate the account
Information: If you follow method 1, you will have to wait until the next business day for method 2 to proceed.
- Go to Tools> Account List (Ctrl + A)
- You will see a list of accounts, click on the change account which encounters the error code CC 501.
- Then click on Online Services
- Disable to confirm and click Yes.
- Once the account is completely deactivated, you can see Configure Now … on the Online Configuration tab.
- Click ok and done.
This is an additional step that we will follow to ensure the status of the Quicken File.
- Now go to File> File Operations> Validate and Repair …
- Verify the file and click OK
- Now, Quicken starts validating the file …
- OK, the verification is complete and shut down the notepad of the DATA_LOG file.
Make sure that there should be no error in your Data_Log. If errors are found, contact Quicken Official
- Return to Tools> Account List
- Click on the account facing Quicken CC 501 error and access the online services.
- Then install now
- Type the username and password of your financial institution and click Save Password.
- Click connect
- Now, Quick will be looking for your accounts with your financial institution.
- Well, now Quicken will show you your accounts with your financial institution. Link the one you want to update and leave the rest of the accounts.
- Now click on Finish.
- This will solve your problem until you wait 24 to 48 hours.
After following the above methods, if your account still displays a Quicken CC 501 error, contact quicken official number 650-250-1900
I think you will understand how to solve quicken error cc 501. we explain very well in our blog. If you are happy to read my blog so you can suggest us on the comment box of PURAADigital so that next time we can improve our blog thank you some for coming read our blog
Hi, I am Purushottam Kumar by Profession Blogger, Youtuber at “PURAADigital” Digital Marketer by passion by heart, Social Influencer. Helping People to succeed in the online world. All an all want to Live life King Size.